Thursday 22 January 2015

What I am learning from being a teenager

Hey guys! So as you can probably tell from the title - this is going to be me reflecting on myself as a teenager and what I am learning from it. I am teenager and being a teenager seems like climbing a mountain. You have this struggle of having to climb up (all the challenges you face) but when you get to the top the view is great (you have accomplished your goals/challenges). That's the first thing I have learnt being a teenager - that nothing ever comes easy. You have to work hard in life to achieve greatness. You have to revise and work hard to get the best grade possible. You have to aim high but be realistic at the same time. No one ever teaches us this in school but thank god I know how to work out algebraic fractions! That's the second thing - you don't always get taught what you need to know. Being a teenager means that our lives a based on the internet most of the time. We have became dependent on it. So dependent that when we don't know the answer to something or need advice we turn to it. Now don't get me wrong, the Internet can help with some problems but we can't always rely on it. Lesson 3 - we can't always rely on other people/things sometimes we have to be independent and do things ourselves. In the real world we don't get our hands held or guidance through everything we do. Sometimes we just have to figure it out ourselves. But don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong with asking for help when we need it. Lesson 4 - don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. It's better to ask for help (whether it's homework or you just need someone to talk to) than to suffer in silence. Lesson 5 - raise your voice. Speak up when something is wrong/ you need help. Don't always be the shy and timid person that just gets pushed aside and has to abide to what other people say. You are you and you should always let other people crontrol you and make choices for you. And finally, try to minimise your regrets. Apparently teenage years is the time when you do the most regretful decisions. Thank God I don't have any regrets and you should try not to as well. 

I hope that this was helpful please let me know what you though of it by commenting down below.
 
- Online Imperfections x x x

Follow me on:
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment