Friday 10 October 2014

Two months blogging & a few blogging tips

I can't believe that it has been two months that I have been blogging already!! It seems like it was just yesterday that I started blogging. I know that you might be thinking "it's only been two months, not two years. What is she getting excited about?!" But two months is a big deal to me because I have learnt so much over these past couple of months. I have decided to share a few things that I have learnt so far.

Comparing my blog to other blogs: It is very easy to compare yourself to other bloggers which is something nobody should do. I know that I use to do this. I use to compare how many followers I had, compared to the "bigger" blogs that had thousands and I didn't have any. What I realised was that, it does not matter how many followers you have. Whether you have ten or ten thousand, it does not make you more or less superior. I am happy if at least one person in the world reads my blog, that alone blows my mind.

Blogging frequently: I try to blog frequently. I try and make sure that I post at least 2-3 times a week. Since I am in high school and I do get a lot of homework, I may not be able to post as much as much as I would like to but I will try and post as often as I can.

Staying organised: Blogging is actually hard work. You have to think of blog post ideas, then plan them and write them. It can be a long process at times. I tend to spend between 10 minutes to an hour writing a blog post (that excludes planning it). I think that it is easier to write multiple blog posts on the weekend and then schedule them. This makes things easier if you tend to be busy during the week. I might start doing this more often.

Images: I realised that a lot of blogs use proper cameras to take pictures. You don't have to buy a fancy camera to produce decent images. I don't have a fancy camera. I simply use my phone to take pictures and they turn out quite decent in my opinion.

Can I just say that I am really enjoying blogging and I cannot wait to see what my blog will be like in two years time.

If you guys have any blog posts requests or ideas do not hesitate to tell me. You can leave comments or email me ( onlineimperfectionscontact@gmail.com ). If you want to talk to me you can tweet me ( @OImperfections ) on Twitter or email me.

I hope that you have enjoyed this blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment